A little over a month ago, I posted “Is Blade and Soul Progressing Too Fast?“.
I am now convinced that the game is moving too fast for casual players.
The “Unchained” patch that dropped 21 days ago brought a new class into the game, the Warlock. I consider myself a casual player, but I play more than the average casual MMO gamer. I was able to hit 45 with my warlock a couple of days after the release of that patch. Since hitting 45, I have spent most of my time doing dailies for gold to upgrade my gear and to progress the HM levels. I have played this warlock exclusively over the last 21 days and I am 1/2 way through the HM4 level. Most warlocks I have encountered to this point are HM2 to HM4. I am sure there are some HM5 warlocks, but I haven’t encountered any personally.
What’s my point?
My point is that I’ve played my warlock pretty hardcore and still haven’t hit the max gear or HM levels before this new patch that releases today. This patch will give me 5 new levels and 10 new HM levels to attain as well as a ton of new gear to progress through. I don’t have the gold prepared for this push either.
I realize that there are other people who have been playing launch classes that have been ready to move past 45 HM5 for quite a bit of time, but still… its way too early to release this patch.
BTW, a few employees of NCsoft finally hit 45 on their warlocks just yesterday, just before the deadline for the Warlock challenge.
They are their alts, but still…
I suspect that NCSoft is trying to get NA servers caught up with other regions that have been around for years already. I think it might hurt them in the long run. I am already considering walking away from the game. I can’t keep up with this pace. There will be hardcore players and bots left before long.
The patch notes for today’s “Silverfrost Mountains” patch are already online.
Silverfrost Mountains Patch Notes
- The Silverfrost Mountains area is now available with new quests, dungeons, events, items, outfits, and more!
- The max level cap has been increased to 50.
- The max Hongmoon Level cap has been increased to 10.
- The max faction rank has been increased.
- New surveys are now available for levels 46, 48, and 50.
- Added new achievements for Silverfrost Mountains content.
- New loading screens are available in English, French, and German.
- 4-member mode for Blackram Supply Chain, Bloodshade Harbor, and Naryu Labyrinth are no longer available.
- The loot tables for these dungeons have been merged into the 6-member versions.
- Related achievements can now be earned in 6-member mode.
- Additional Hae Mujin’s Machismo and Warrior’s Tokens can now be obtained from Naryu Labyrinth.
- PvP Preseason 2 has been extended until April 13th.
- New weapon and accessory progression paths are now available!
- You can now mail certain outfits, adornments, and familiar items to characters on the same account by using Outfit Delivery Stamps from the Hongmoon Store.
- Outfits that have been purchased from the Hongmoon Store as well as certain event outfits are eligible.
- Additional Clan Crafting options are available, including the ability to craft custom Clan outfits.
- New items are now available in the Hongmoon Store.
- New outfits and adornments can now be stored in the wardrobe.
- Fixed and updated a large amount of text, voiceover, and cutscene localization in English, German, and French.
- Fixed various UI issues in the Clan Crafting and Benefits dialogs.
- Added performance and optimization improvements.
- You can no longer receive friend requests from blocked players.
- Receiving a whisper from a blocked player will no longer cause the whisper sound to play.
- Improved blocking and reporting of in-game mail.